What is budget Counseling?
Consumer Protection Association Counselors will, on a one
on one basis, help a participant to:
1. Establish a realistic household budget based on participants
2. Negotiate with any creditors to set up a realistic payment
3. Managing money is imperative to establishing a stable financial
household situation in the present and the future.
4. Establishing and maintaining an effective money management
program will lead to an improvement in the quality of life.
5. Save money to meet any emergent needs in the future.
6. Shop around for products or services at a reasonably price
and good quality.
7. The differences between products and/or services that are
necessities and products and/or services that are luxuries.
8. The importance of setting a future goal to set aside each
and every month a percentage of monthly net income as a payment
Participants in the counseling program will receive follow
up appointments with the counselor to monitor and evaluate
the progress the participants are making to become financially
Consumer Protection Association Counselors is taking holistic
approach to helping individuals become economically self-sufficient.
What do I need to be seen by a budget counselor?
First, visit the Consumer Protection Association:
3030 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
What do I need to bring to my Appointment?
You will need the following to be seen by a budget counselor:
1) Copy of your current credit
2) A budget workout sheet provided to you prior to your interview
3) A photo ID
4) A copy of your current bills and financial obligation's
including utility bills, mortgage papers, car payment, and
credit card statements.
Have further questions? Click